It was quite surprising to me, that before you can require a virtual machine to use a local partition, you have to create a new virtual machine with a local disk file. Let’s assume that you have created a virtual machine. Now
- Right click on the virtual machine list entry and select “Virtual Machine Settings”.
- Select the Hard Drive in the hardware list and click on “Remove” below of the list.
- Click on “Add” below of the list and stick to the preselected “Hard Drive” line.
- In the next frame, select “Use a physical disk”.
- After choosing the correct hard drive, you may either choose to use only one partition or the whole hard drive. In case you use a Windows partition protected by truecrypt, you have to use the whole hard drive.